These conveyors are essentially large, product storage chambers with a moving belt serving as the chamber floor. Primarily used to provide a dynamic buffer between processing and packaging areas by regulating product flow and surges caused by downstream equipment. Typical sizes range from 4-10 ft. belt width, 3-6 ft. high sides, and 10-60 ft. lengths. Systems often include ancillary conveyors and PLC controls.
Preferred belting for these conveyors is a heavy duty, molded plastic belt with large drive sprockets to provide adequate torque transmission under heavy loads. Belt is supported on longitudinal stainless rails covered with UHMW wear strips. Typical belt speed is 1 to 4 feet per minute, either constant or variable.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- 304 or 316 stainless frames, polished to a No. 4 finish
- Continuous TIG welds-- ground & polished
- Vaccum breakers (with fabric belt)
- 2-inch square tubing supports
- 12-gauge formed frames
- 10-gauge formed motor platforms
- Stainless Steel pulleys (standard)
Common options include catch pans, belt scraper, discharge chute, and hydraulic motor drive.
Heavy Duty, with Plastic Belt